Terms & Conditions
Warrington motorhome Hire ltd
Company Reg No: 136 884 32
1. ‘We’ / ‘Us’/ ‘Our’ refers to As Warrington Motorhome hire ltd
2. ‘Customer’ / ‘Hirer’ / ‘I’ means the person(s) nominated on the rental agreement under the heading ‘Hirers Name / Contact’.
3. ‘Vehicle’ means the vehicle stated on the rental agreement and shall include tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and anything contained within or associated with.
4. ‘Extra’s’ refers to any extra equipment hired and as detailed within the rental agreement under the heading ‘Extra’s
5. Vehicle Usage
During the rental of this vehicle I will not, and will not allow the vehicle to be:
Driven other than in a normal, cautious & prudent manner
Driven by persons other than stipulated on the hire agreement
Driven by persons under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs or prescribed drugs that may affect your driving
Driven on anything other than bitumen roads (with the exception of access roads to campsites)
Used for racing or on a race circuit
Used for towing
Used to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward
Used to carry more passengers than certified seats
Damaged by submersion in water or contact with salt water
Left unlocked whilst vehicle is unoccupied
Left with the ignition key in the vehicle whilst unoccupied
Left unoccupied without the alarm set
Used to carry hazardous goods
Used in breach of any of my obligations under this agreement
6. Hire rates
UK Comprehensive insurance (1 Driver)
UK Breakdown cover
Standard insurance (included) applicable to driver between the ages of 35-70
We may be able to accept drivers between 30-35 & 70-75. This will need to be declared at time of booking and will be through special arrangements with our insurers – charges may apply and cover is not guaranteed
All drivers must have held a valid license for more than 3 years that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GVW. Non UK drivers must present an international driving permit, alongside there standard license. This must be issued in the country of your standard license and confirm that you are able to drive a UK Category B vehicle of up to 3500kg.
We can accept licenses from the following countries:
UK, EU, America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
All drivers must be present at checkout of the motorhome
Full, valid Driving license must be presented & registered to your current home address
Passport must also be presented
You must be able to produce 2 additional form of identification. Acceptable forms of ID are: Bank Statement, Utility Bill or letter from inland revenue – these must be dated with the last 90 days.
Non-UK drivers must present passports for all drivers / passengers at checkout.
For UK drivers we will need to perform a DVLA license check. For this you will need your photocard license and your national insurance number – this can be done up to 2 weeks prior to hire
Should any driver fail to present the correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome then we will not be able to release the motorhome. There are no exceptions to this and no refunds will be given
We are able to accept drivers with up to 3 penalty points (in last 5 years) under our standard insurance. Drivers with more than 3 points will have to be
referred to our insurers – This will need to be declared at time of booking, charges may apply, cover is not guaranteed
We are able to accept drivers with up to 1 previous insurance claim within the last 5 years under our standard insurance. If you have more than this then we will have to refer this to our insurers – This will need to be declared at the time of booking, charges may apply, cover is not guaranteed
Driver Occupations – We are unable to insure anyone in the following occupation (be it full / part time)
Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sportspersons
Jockeys or persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort
Undergraduates and/or students under the age of 30
Occupation must be declared at time of booking. Failure to disclose will render the agreement as void and the hirer shall be fully liable
Driver(s) will be personally liable for all legal penalties during the hire of the vehicle (e.g. Parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fine, etc.)
The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party.
Our insurance does not cover personal insurance for the driver or passengers (Including death or bodily injury)
Our standard excess is £750.00 per claim (and not per hire) – this will increase for drivers who fall outside of our ‘standard’ insurance criteria
In the event of an accident (regardless of fault), the hirer shall be liable to pay the full £750.00 in respect of each and every claim. Once the claim is settled, if it is deemed to be non-fault then the excess shall become repayable in full. We shall return this within 7 days of insurance settlement
Please note that windscreen & tyres are not covered under our insurance. The named hirer shall be responsible for any damage caused.
9. Responsibility in the event of an accident
In the event of an accident, loss or damage to the vehicle I/we will:
Notify warrington motorhome hire at the earliest opportunity and certainly within 24hrs of the incident
Obtain the names, addresses, registration numbers or all third parties / witnesses involved
Where possible, take photo’s before any vehicle is moved
Report the event to the nearest police station and obtain an incident number
Complete the supplied accident claim form
Do not admit liability at the scene
Assist Unleashed Motorhome hire in handling any claim, including providing all necessary relevant information and attending court to give evidence if requested to.
I acknowledge that the excess due as set out in the rental agreement in respect of any accident, loss or damage will be payable at the time of reporting the incident, regardless of blame / fault. Warrington Motorhome hire will refund any excess paid if it is accepted that this is a non-fault claim once all matters are settled in full.
Warrington Motorhome hire cannot accept any responsibility and no refunds will be given for curtailment due to an accident, loss or damage
Availability is on request and confirm basis at the time of booking. Booking shall be on a ‘first come first served’ basis. No booking is secured until a £100 deposit has been received. Our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once your booking has been received a confirmation email will be sent out confirming your reservation. Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to departure. Payment is by Debit or Credit card (Mastercard or Visa only) or via direct bank transfer. Please note that we are unable to accept cash payments. Security deposits must be paid on day of collection and shall be by credit/debit card only.
For bookings within 6 weeks of departure, full payment must be received at time of booking.
No vehicle will be released until payment (including security deposit) has been received in full.
We reserve the right to amend our booking terms for certain ‘special events’
11. Cancellation Charges
More than 6 weeks prior to departure: Booking deposit only
6 weeks – 4 weeks prior to departure: 50% of total hire charge
Less than 4 weeks prior to departure: 100% of total hire charge
We cannot postpone or transfer monies from one hire to another. We reserve the right to amend our cancellation terms for certain ‘special events’
All extra’s must be paid in full, 6 weeks prior to departure or at point of booking if within 6 weeks of departure. Extra’s include:
Additional Driver £5.00/day (Maximum of 3 drivers per hire)
European Hire £10.00/day
Pet Hire £40.00/hire
13. Vehicle Collection / Return
Will be from ’24 Larch Avenue Penketh Warrington, WA5 2AZ’ at the times stated under the rental agreement.
Please allow 1 hr for vehicle handover. During this time we shall familiarise you with all the systems and functions of the vehicle. Please ensure that you have all documentation as requested in your pre-hire pack. Failure to do so will result in us not being able to let you take the vehicle. We shall complete a full walk through of the vehicle, noting any prior damage from previous rentals. Whilst every effort will be made to have the vehicle ready for the allocated time, we cannot guarantee this due to instances beyond our control. Should this be the case we will endeavour to have the vehicle ready as soon as we possibly can however no refunds or contract extensions will be due to you.
Drop-off shall be to the same location and at the time stated on the rental agreement. Vehicles must be returned in an undamaged and clean condition with a full tank of diesel. Grey water tank must be emptied and toilet cassette emptied & cleaned prior to drop-off – please note that we have no facilities to empty these tanks at the drop-off location. If the vehicle is not returned as stipulated then you agree to pay the charges as set out in section 16 rental and other charges.
Late return – You must advise us if you are going to be late returning the vehicle as soon as is possible. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. We reserve the right to charge a late penalty fee – as set out in section 17 rental and other charges
Car Parking – You are welcome to leave your vehicle with us for the duration of your hire at no additional cost. Vehicles will be left at our home address of 24 Larch avenue, penketh, WA5 2AZ. Please note that we can’t accept any liability for loss or damage to your vehicle whilst under our care.
14. Motorhome Systems
Prior to each rental, we will carry out a full check of all the motorhomes functions and systems to ensure correct operation. In conjunction with this we will provide you with a familiarisation tour. There will also be documentation located within the vehicle as to the functions and maintenance of these systems. If there should be a failure of any of these systems during the course of your hire then we will try and remedy the fault. This may be via telephone support or we may require you to take the motorhome to a garage to diagnose / repair. We will not refund any monies due to loss of service(s) and or down time for repair nor are we obliged to offer a replacement vehicle in these circumstances.
The hirer shall be responsible for all costs of repair associated with any misuse of the systems and by damage caused by freezing
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including checking oil & coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries
I acknowledge that Warrington Motorhome hire will reimburse me for reasonable costs incurred rectifying any mechanical failures subject to 1) Prior notification and approval of the repair from Unleashed Motorhome
hire 2) Production of receipt on return of vehicle 3) The repair not being deemed to be due to my own fault or any breach of this agreement
As per the terms of this agreement I agree to pay the cost for replacing tyres and or the windscreen should they become damaged
I will be fully liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel
16. Rental and other Charges
I agree to pay warrington Motorhome hire:
All rental charges
The security deposit
Nominated valeting fee if vehicle is not returned in a clean condition
Valeting fee of £40.00 for rentals where a pet has been on board
Penalty fee of £250.00 for smoking in the vehicle
Penalty fee of £75 if the grey water and/or toilet cassette have not been emptied.
Cleaning Charge @ £75 per hour for vehicles bought back in an unfit state
Late Return Charge @ £75 per hour, unless agreed previously
Administration fee of £10 in addition to each and every legal penalty / fine accrued during the hire period
The cost of re-fuelling the vehicle if it is not returned full. This shall be charged @ £Market rate + £30.00
The nominated cancellation fee in the event of the cancellation of this agreement prior to collection of the vehicle
The cost of any damage to the vehicle including over and above the security deposit. Our labour rate for repairs is £75.00 per hour. If repairs have to be outsourced then it will be at the discretion of the garage carrying out the repairs.
Demurrage – the nightly rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet. E.g. due to accident damage, returning in a condition not fit for use, etc.
Any other reasonable charges levied as per the terms and conditions of the rental agreement
In cases of gross negligence, we reserve the right to recover full costs of returning the motorhome to the condition in which it was prior to handover.
17. Security Deposit
There will be a refundable security deposit (for standard hires) of £1000.00 payable on collection of the vehicle. This must be paid by credit / debit card and the card must be in the lead drivers name. For drivers outside or our ‘standard’ insurance terms and for those hirers wishing to take the vehicle to certain events e.g. Festivals, certain sports events etc. this deposit may be considerably hire. Please note that you must declare if you intend to use the vehicle for any such purpose at point of hire. All our vehicles are fitted with trackers. Failure to declare will put you in breach of contract and Unleashed Motorhome hire may terminate your rental at our discretion
Once the vehicle has been returned, cleaned and fully checked over we shall return your deposit less any charges accrued – this will usually be within 24hrs of return.
18. Payment of charges
All charges and expenses payable by me are due on demand by warrington Motorhome hire. I authorise warrington Motorhome hire to deduct these charges from my security deposit. Should this not cover the charges I hereby authorise warrington Motorhome hire to deduct any additional charges from the card used to pay the deposit. Should this not be possible I agree to pay in full, and by another means all charges within 1 week of them being raised by warrington Motorhome hire. Should these not be paid, I agree to pay interest on these charge @ 1.5% above the bank of England base rate and I also agree to cover any charges warrington Motorhome hire may incur in relation to pursuing these monies outstanding.
19. Termination of the agreement
I acknowledge and agree that Warrington Motorhome hire may terminate this this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification and that I will pay any reasonable costs of recovery of the vehicle if:
I am in breach of any term of this agreement
I have obtained the vehicle through fraud of misrepresentation
Any statement or representation made by the customer is respect to themselves or any additional drivers in incorrect
The vehicle appears to be abandoned
The vehicle is being used for a purpose other than agreed on the rental agreement
The vehicle is not returned on the correct date & time, or the hirer reasonably believes that that vehicle is going to be returned on said date
That the hirer reasonably believes that the safety of the passengers is in jeopardy or that the vehicle is in danger.
I understand that in the event of this contract being terminated and the vehicle being repossessed I will not be entitled to a refund of any part of the rental charges
20. Force Majuere
will make every effort to make sure that the reserved vehicle is available for you at the allocated time. However, if due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and we cannot find a suitable replacement vehicle then out liability to you shall be limited to 100% of rental fees paid in the first instance
21. Data Protection (GDPR)
Your personal data and information that you have provided to Warrington Motorhome hire will be processed for the following purposes:
• To fulfill this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the Rental agreement. Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defense of any legal claim(s)
• To fulfill our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company
• We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside of Warrington motorhome hire ltd, unless:
• It is for on road vehicle assistance for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
• It is to our insurer
• It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/ contravention has occurred
• It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
• To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
• It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
• Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
• You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organizations
• The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
• It is for feedback on our products and services provided
• You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering any competition, you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and other social media sites. We may also us it for posters and advertising
• It is otherwise authorized under the Data Protection Act
• We may use your personal information for marketing purposes and to keep you informed by post, telephone, sms, email or other electronic means about products and services which may be of interest to you.
• If you wish to request personal information that we hold on you, you can email us on warringtonmotorhomehire.co.uk or call us on 07808535600
• By entering into this agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement including data collected from the vehicle. We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
• You agree that if you break the terms of this agreement we can pass your personal information to any relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
• We agree to keep all personal information in a secure environment and will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”)
• All customers are advised to take out adequate travel insurance at point of booking
• In the event that you are unable to travel due to local / national restrictions, Warrington Motorhome hire shall reimburse any hire costs over and above the £100 deposit. We will then issue you with a voucher for £100. This voucher will be valid for 12 months from your return date and is redeemable against another hire of your choice. Please note vouchers and none transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
• No refunds will be given in respect of restrictions preventing you travelling to a specific area – please make adequate contingency plans for this eventuality
• Warrington Motorhome Hire may restrict foreign travel at any time, and at their discretion due to the increased risk this may pose.
Item added to cart